Cameron J. Siguenza
Hello. I am an Agile practicing software product owner, Certified ScrumMaster® and a published, award winning fine art photographer who lives in Santa Cruz, CA. In addition to my software and IT skill set, I am a creative expert with the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, especially in Lightroom and Photoshop. I sell fine art prints, shoot aerial video / stills with a flying camera quadcopter and especially love working on software projects or on creative teams.
Product / Project Manager / Software Entrepreneur
- Created and managed multiple Enterprise Software products used by Financial institutions, healthcare, manufacturing, insurance, government organizations.
- Entrepreneurial PM with experience working in both fast-paced startup environments and corporate structures
- Over 18 years delivering software projects to leading organizations like American Express, BMW, US Department of Veteran Affairs, and the US Army Medical Command and many small and medium sized organizations!
- Leading teams of people: Customer support, professional services, and consulting teams
- Experienced with Waterfall projects and now focused mostly on Agile project methodologies, there is always something to learn and improve upon with project management!
- Hiring, mentoring and managing 5-10 person distributed teams in Canada, USA and Poland
I am a photographer, software product manager, senior IT consultant and father of a fun loving 3-year-old boy, who lives in Santa Cruz, California. I also enjoy electronic projects in the form of wearables, making art and last year was able to finally be a crew member on an amazing 3 masted sailing frigate called The Monaco at Burning Man 2014. I can now say I have sailed in the desert!
I grew up in Northern BC, surrounded by mountains, glaciers, wildlife and an abundance of fresh water. My American born father was a wildlife photographer and I would watch him wait patiently for days for a Great Grey Owl to land on the branch of a tree with his film cameras. My mom would snap photos of us kids with her Polaroid camera. We ski'd a lot, fished for salmon, kept an eye out for bears, and basically enjoyed small town life.
I grew up in Northern BC, Canada
I was lucky enough to grow up using a series of Apple computers throughout 1980's when I was a child. I was given an Apple II, II+ and IIe, then various other computers came and went. I went to the University of British Columbia, a top university in Canada and majored in Political Science with a focus on International Relations.
I spent most of my study time in the computer labs in the Computer Science and Engineering buildings. Originally, I thought about joining the foreign service or perhaps the law, but by the time I finished my degree, I wanted to work with this new technology called "The world wide web" that sounded very mysterious and exciting. After graduating from UBC, I then did more multimedia, software and WWW website design coursework at UBC, Emily Carr University and the BC Institute of Technology for several years part-time while working at my first startup, Catouzer Inc. I had always loved using computers, and never found them intimidating or scary like many people did at the time. Owning and using a computer back then taught me to be patient and logical about troubleshooting. So thanks to my parents for spending large sums of money on Apple machines in the 1980's.
Above Apple II photo by RAMA. Attribution is linked below.
I stayed at 58th and Lexington, NYC for American Express project visits.
The other view from the Apartment I stayed in for Amex visits
Screenshots of FileHold Software
- “The ease of use and implementation were key to our decision to move ahead with FileHold." - Engineering Customer
- “Thank you all for your fantastic support. I’ve been with the US government as a military or civilian employee for over 30 years and my experiences working with FileHold Systems, Inc., have been among the best I have experienced working with a contractor.” - US Government Customer
- “The help that I received from FileHold was hands down some of the best support I have seen with a software package". - Document Management Consultant
- “I want to tell you how much everyone is enjoying our new FileHold installation. My users give me unsolicited comments on how well FileHold is working." - Manufacturing Customer
- “I want to express my gratitude for the guidance we received from your customer service team during our initial FileHold build and the subsequent technical encounters." - Government Customer
- “I like working with FileHold, you know what you're doing both product and business wise. Your team has been great to work with." - FileHold Business Partner
- “I am a convert to Filehold - the power is not in the file structure but the ease in which you can find what you are looking for." - Biotech Company
- “The ability to which you are able to customize FileHold is very impressive." -Wholesale Trade Industry customer
- “Wow, you guys at FileHold really understand customer service. Thank you very much!” - Integrated Canadian Forest Products Company
- “I wanted to express my thanks of how flexible and responsive you have been as an organization and wanted to let you know that I would be more than happy to act as a reference should you need one.The harsh reality is that the FileHold 'valued customer experience' has fallen by the wayside with many other vendors and is very refreshing when you come across it!” -Telecommunications Customer
- “I have once again been VERY impressed with the level of service you as a company provide and have provided in the past. I have said it before but I will say it again it is MUCH appreciated and VERY refreshing receiving this level and quality of service!" - Telecommunications Customer
- “It is refreshing to find a company as responsive as FileHold these days.” - FileHold Reseller
- “I wanted to take a moment to thank you all for helping me with remapping the data base look-up fields. FileHold has one of the best troubleshooting teams I have encountered in all my experience. I also want to appreciate the promptness and willingness to go the extra mile. You all have exceeded my expectations and set the bar really high.” - Health Care Customer
- “FileHold has to be THE, if not, one of the easiest, most user-friendly, document management systems available on the market today. We are now able to save time, space, headaches and stress looking through HUNDREDS of storage boxes for one piece of paper. FileHold is ideal for ANY company, and will definitely be a valued asset within ANY company that has it. Referring to FileHold as ‘Highly Recommended’ would be like calling a 757 jet a ‘paper plane’…….. COMPLETE UNDERSTATEMENT.” - Educational Services Customer
- "I think the search speed makes the greatest impression, but ease of use in general goes a long way." - Manufacturing Customer